If you hear the word laser and think of the space weapons, you will be surprised by its therapeutic value. Laser therapy is a simple and painless procedure, and scientific studies have demonstrated a multitude of clinical benefits.
Laser is a non-surgical, highly effective treatment for lower back pain relief, neck and disc pain, soft tissue injuries, chronic pain, joint conditions, arthritis, wound management, and inflammatory conditions.
Therapeutic laser has proven effective for Fibromyalgia, tendonitis, and osteoarthritis treatment. It offers relief from muscular and joint aches, as well as the pain and stiffness associated with arthritis.
We Can Help
Therapeutic Laser Treats:
- Acne, eczema
- Acute (traumatic) pain
- Burns & Wounds
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Increasing blood circulation
- Inflamed skin conditions
- Low Back, Neck and Disc Pain
- Lymph edema
- Non-healing ulcers
- Relaxing muscle spasms
Benefits of Therapeutic Laser Therapy
- Promotes rapid cell growth. The laser accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Promotes faster wound healing. It stimulates cell growth in damaged tissues. The reduction in recovery time is an important consideration.
- Increases metabolic activity, which can help with a variety of conditions, including tendonitis treatment, lower back pain relief, osteoarthritis treatment, and Fibromyalgia treatment.
- Improves the quality of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or following surgery.
- Reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints. This will improve joint mobility.
- Stimulates lymph and blood circulation to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation.
- Promotes nerve function. In cases of numbness, the laser helps speed the process of nerve cell reconnection.
Promotes the release of the body’s own pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalins from the brain, adrenal glands, and other areas, thus facilitating long lasting pain relief, including lower back pain relief.
How Therapeutic Laser Therapy Works
Laser Therapy is conducted right in our office setting. Therapeutic Laser Therapy requires no unusual equipment or precautions, except that safety glasses are required for both patient and doctor.
Therapeutic Laser Therapy is simple and painless. Looking much like a flashlight, the probe is held close to the skin on the area being treated. The doctor or assistant will apply light to firm pressure to the area to improve the penetration of the energy.
The Therapeutic Laser is applied for a specific period of time to deliver the proper amount of laser energy. This will depend on the specific condition being treated. Treatment times vary based upon the size of the area and the predetermined depth of the therapy. Most treatments take 10 – 20 minutes.
Contact Us today to learn if Therapeutic Laser may be the solution for you.